Monday, April 21, 2008

3..2...1....

Day after tomorrow I will be on a flight to London. I thought I might try resetting my internal clock a little bit ahead of time, but that hasn't worked too well. I'm far too excited to go to bed early. It's a little strange, I'm sleeping on the couch tonight because my bed's in storage now. Actually almost everything I didn't sell on Craigslist is in storage now. It's quite liberating.

Tonight I went with Rachel to Little Thailand and had some pretty amazing food. They also have a really tasty bloody mary. It's a family run business out of a double wide trailer out past the airport and I swear it's the best Thai food I've had in Austin. I'd been doing so well with saving money until this weekend, but since I'm leaving I've been going out to eat with friends a lot. Julio's Friday, Hut's Saturday, Polvo's yesterday, and Little Thailand today. Tomorrow I'll probably end up at the Alamo with Fiona for a movie and some beers.

This was a good farewell weekend though. I met up with Connie, a couchsurfer Stan and I met in Vancouver last summer, on Saturday for the Black Star Coop beer social, and then went to a couchsurfing party. It was a really great way to spend my last Saturday night before the trip, surrounded by fellow travelers. I loved trading stories with all the people there, and it was really nice to hang out with Connie again.

I'm not really sure what the next few months will bring. But I'm excited and hopeful, and I truly believe it will be great, even if it is far from what I expect it to be. Not to say that I have any real expectations... in fact I'm hoping that it will be full of things that I would never have anticipated. That always leads to better stories.

No comments: