Thursday, November 6, 2008

Revival


DSCN0647, originally uploaded by julia_mcgarey.

Oh Man, I just started a post about how I hadn't posted anything since halfway through our trip and so much has happened since then, but in trying to figure out how to link flickr to my blog, I managed to lose what I'd written. So instead, I'm going to keep it simple and share this picture of Hong Kong at night. It was taken from the ferry, and I love that one of the buildings was too tall to even fit in the frame. If I could have seen the screen a little better I might have been able to capture it, but I think that I did pretty well shooting in the dark.

A lot has happened since then. Wonderful things, and lately some frustrating things, but I've decided that I want to be more involved with the blog community, so I'm going to start writing more and sharing photos (if my dinosaur computer remains up to the task). There are so many blogs that I love to read, I want to extend my gratitude and return the favor. I'm also tossing around the idea of putting together an etsy shop, among other things. Something that probably won't happen until this summer, but it's been on my mind for a while. One of my good friends has done it, and seems to be doing pretty well. Check her out: Amy Ambros

I'm looking forward to spending more time here, nesting and making myself at home. Everything's still in boxes, but I'll get it spiffed up soon. I hope you'll stay with me through the process!

Here's one more photo from Hong Kong. It's a close up of the Bruce Lee statue we went out of our way to find.


No comments: