Sunday, July 5, 2009

Travels in South America

I'm in Lima right now, writing away to pass time until I have to head to the airport. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to book my flight for the middle of the night. I thought it would give me a little more time to explore with Stan before heading out. We had to go our separate ways yesterday, though, since we were in Cusco and I wasn't comfortable scheduling a flight from Cusco to Lima on the same day I was going to fly home.

I stayed in a nice but not very social hostel last night, and will be catching a cab from here to the airport at 8:30... 5 hours away. I had lunch on the Plaza, then went to visit the catacombs, but I don't have any pictures to show for it because I didn't want to walk around central lima with a camera, even a disposable one. I did pick up hats for Emma and Seth, though.

I fully intend to blog about the trip when I get back to Houston. Complete with photos and everything. I'll have a week before I go to Portland & Phoenix. Hopefully that will be good enough.

No comments: